Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fishing Boats, SPF 90, and Looking Like a Lobster!

I am sure there of lots of you out there that have the same dilemma as me. It is what I call the burn and peel syndrome.  I have had it from an early age, although my Sister becomes a lovely color of carmel after only one day.  So much to my surprise when I received a call tonight and on the other end of the phone I hear, "Sissy, I am in pain....my back is on fire and it already has been two days", that is when it became apparent I needed to go into big sister mode even though I am the baby of the family.  "Did you wear sunscreen when you went out on the boat?", yes, "Did you take some ibuprofen?" yes, "Did you try vinegar?" yes, So once I realized the questioning was not working, I said, "OK, hold on, let me look in my holistic health book." There was a whole section on sunburns. What I read was astonishing.  It said to take a washcloth and soak in milk and apply to the sunburn.  Do it for 20 minutes and then make sure to shower so your skin does not smell sour. I relayed the information to my sister thenshe reluctently agreed. To say she was a skeptic is an understatement. About one hour later much to my surprise I received a text saying it worked!  She was feeling much better and she loved me.  The coolness soothes the initial heat felt by the skin and the milk will create a protein film that helps ease the discomfort.
So if you face this dilemma, take my advice, milk compresses work! However, my best advice is use  stay out of the sun you will look younger longer!  Enjoy your summer but don't forget the sunblock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment