Thursday, July 7, 2011

What! Are you eating grass?

One of the strangest things happen when you get older.  You start to think wow...I wasted a lot of time and now I want to do something good for myself and others.  So that is when I took up the habit of telling everyone that I was eating grass,  I mean wheat grass!  To be perfectly honest it is more like drinking wheat grass.  I did some research on it and thought I would try it.  There are many people who think that wheat grass juice is simply a health food drink, something you get at one of those posh juice bars.  The truth is, there are books filled with long lists of uses and applications for this nutrient rich natural food. It's health benefits include: detoxifying from addictions, tooth decay, sore throat, skin problems, constipation, improving blood sugar, high-blood pressure and breathing.  So now the big question is where do you get it? And more importantly what the heck does it taste like?  To be honest, to me it tastes like a strong green tea. It really is not  bad at all.  What is interesting this super food can either come in powder form or frozen form.  I prefer the frozen ice cubes. I can drop in a 4 oz glass of water and drink it like a shooter.  It just makes it easier for me!  I have been known to be a very picky eater.  Like the time I was five years old and was in Florida with my Mom and Dad.  I cried because I wanted a fried bologna sandwich and it was 95 degrees.  Needless to say I was sent to sleep in the hotel and the rest of my family ended up with sunburns.  But that is another topic altogether and you can read about the remedy for sunburns in a previous blog!  Actually I am beginning to like the taste and  many people who regularly enjoy the health benefits of wheat grass choose to sprout it at home.  Too much work for me!
What kind of benefits am I getting from this green gunk?  I have been eating grass for about one month now and can honestly say it has helped with my inflammation due to thyroid disease and I have a lot of energy!  I think it is really working.    I buy my frozen green goodness at the local health food store in the frozen food section but you can google wheat grass and come up with a zillion places to buy it.  I really like the evergreen brand.
Check it out! http://www.evergreenjuices.com/index2.php#/home/

So try it! What can it hurt! You just might like it.   Love an health to all my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment