Friday, July 8, 2011

Pop'n and Lock'n with the Best of Them

This morning I woke up and it was raining, sticky, and hot.  Also, as I hip hopped out of bed I heard the pop and lock of my knees.  You thought I was doing hip hop moves and I was about to be the next contestant on "So you Think You Can Dance"!  Well maybe in my younger days, today it is just a flare up of  arthritis with a bit of swollen feet. Instead of popping an ibuprofen like most people do, I remembered what my friend Pat from work told me about the healing properties of pineapple. So after work it was straight to the grocery store to by crushed pineapple to see if I could get some relief.

In fact pineapples have been traditionally used as a medicinal plant in parts of the world where the fruit is in abundant supply. In Hawaii, for example, the fruit has been used by the native people as an effective cure for digestive problems and sore throats. Apart from being a rich source of vitamin C which we all need more of, the pineapple contains an active substance known as bromelain; which has been clinically proven to ease joint pain and discomfort. Holistic health care providers and Clinicians say it takes about 8 days to see real results so maybe I should buy some stock in Dole in the meantime.  As you can see I am a bit of a skeptic  but will definitely report back! So with spoon in hand and a big bowl of pineapple, I am ready to get rid of the Pop'n and Lock'n in  my joints.  Here's to only Pop'n and Lock'n on the dance floor!

Love and Health to you All!

No comments:

Post a Comment